Call for More Engagement with the Public
- Sound professional planning advice
- More than 20 years experience of securing planning permissions
- Planning services tailored to your needs
06-May-2011 | General News
As part of the Coalition Government’s proposed changes to the planning system and the move towards ‘Localism’, developers are expected to become increasingly involved in pre-application consultation with local communities.
When submitting planning applications, Local Planning Authorities will require applicants to show what steps they have taken to consult with neighbouring occupiers and local communities on the proposals and how the scheme has responded to any issues raised.
How Tanner & Tilley can help you in this process and to secure planning permission.
Tanner & Tilley are experienced in presenting planning proposals to local residents and neighbourhood groups on behalf of developer Clients. Our services include:
Advice on the best strategy for community involvement having regard to the type and size of development and the issues likely to be encountered;
- Co-ordination of the preparation of publicity material;
- Letter drops/flyers to local residents and other affected parties;
- Consultation with local Councillors, Town Councils and Parish Councils;
- Arrangement of Public Exhibitions;
- Follow-up meetings/negotiation with affected parties on behalf of the Client;
- Preparation of the Statement of Community Involvement to accompany the formal planning application.
Our strength is being able to present sometimes complicated information in a clear and concise way that is easily understood by the public.
We are experienced in dealing with contentious and highly emotive proposals. We are able to calmly explain such proposals and provide authoritative explanations that can help to inform and usually placate even the most irate resident!
A well planned and presented public consultation exercise or public exhibition can often make the difference between planning approval or refusal. We combine expert opinion with a cool head to help ensure a successful end result, whilst also helping to ensure that the proposals are presented in the best possible light.
To discuss your requirements for Community Involvement, Public Consultation and Exhibitions, contact Carlie O’Neill at Tanner & Tilley on 01202 430348.